Gmail offers businesses paid subscription plans, with perks that the free version doesn’t have. Whether you’re a startup or you want to add new software to your company’s arsenal, you can benefit from paying for Gmail business emails in some way.
How Much Do Gmail Business Email Subscriptions Cost?
There are four types of subscription tiers to choose from, each with their own benefits:
Business Starter is the first tier and it will cost you $6 a month. It includes:
- 30GB of storage per user
- 24/7 customer support
- Access to the full G-suit, which includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and other apps
- Custom email address
- 100 participant video meetings
- Shared calendars
- Online documents with real-time editing
Best Suited For: This plan is best suited for startups and small businesses with less than 100 employees. It has everything a small business needs to integrate valuable organization features into the company workflow, but it’s affordable enough that it won’t break the wallet.
Business Standard is the second tier. It costs $12 a month and includes the same benefits as the previous tier, plus:
- 2TB storage per user
- Advanced admin controls
- Audit reports
- Ability to set retention policies
- 150 participant video meetings
- Ability to record and save video meetings to Google Drive
- Noise cancellation for video meetings
- Audience polling and Q&A during video meetings
- Appointment booking pages
- Google Cloud Search (1st party data)
Best Suited For: This plan is best suited for small businesses with less than 300 employees. The ability to save and record video meetings is incredibly important if you have too many employees to coordinate meetings with, especially if they are in different time zones. The advanced admin controls also gives you more oversight into who gets access to what and what kind of data can be shared both internally and externally.
Business plus is $18 a month and includes features from the previous tiers, as well as:
- Advanced security features, such as data loss prevention and encryption
- Enhanced productivity features, like priority support and personalized training
- 5TB storage per user
- Video meeting attendance tracking
- Vault features, which allows you to retain, search, and export your company’s data for eDiscovery and compliance needs
- Stronger passwords
- Wipe devices remotely
- Manage iOS apps
Best Suited For: This tier is best suited for businesses with 500+ employees. It has the advanced security features that large businesses need to communicate and share data across different departments. It even includes secure LDAP, so you can use Cloud Directory as a cloud-based LDAP server for authentication, authorization, and directory lookups.
The Enterprise tier is a custom tier for large businesses. You will need to contact the Gmail sales team directly to get pricing information, as the features of this tier are tailored to each large company individually. This tier offers advanced security, admin, and support features that are suitable for large businesses with thousands of employees. They offer unlimited storage, S/MIME encryption, special customer support only available to members of this tier, and more.