Occasionally receiving a message from a strange email address is annoying, but it’s a common occurrence. However, just because it happens to everyone doesn’t mean you have to tolerate it. If you have an iPhone, there are two ways of blocking emails from contacting you. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your settings.
- Scroll down until you find ‘Messages.’
- Scroll down until you find ‘Filter Unknown Senders’ and toggle it on.
This will make it so that only people on your contact list can send you texts.
Alternatively, you can manually block the email address by doing the following:
- Open the Mail app.
- Open the email from the sender you want to block.
- Tap the person’s contact icon at the top.
- Tap ‘Info’ under the profile picture.
- Select ‘Block this Caller.’
- Confirm by tapping ‘Block Contact.’