You can boost your productivity by sending a group email in Outlook. The best way to do this is by creating a group in Outlook, which you can class as a ‘recipient’ and then add to your email when you’re about to send a mass email.
Here’s how you can create a group in the web-based version of Outlook, Outlook Live:
- Go to Outlook.com and sign in.
- On the left side panel, click the two-people icon.
- Click the down arrow next to ‘New contact’ on the top left of your screen.
- Click ‘New contact list’.
- Name your list.
- Add email addresses.
- Add a description (optional).
- Click ‘Create’.
Once you’ve created your contact list, you can add that group as a recipient in your email. This allows you to mass contact the members of that list.
If you have Outlook for Microsoft 365, however, here’s how you can create an email list:
- Go to your Outlook homepage.
- Click on the two-person contact icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Click ‘New Contact Group’ at the top left of your screen.
- Enter the group name.
- Click ‘Add members’.
- Select the members of the group from your address book, Outlook contact list, or a new contact list.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Click ‘Save and Close’ at the top left of the menu bar.
How to Create an Email Group in the Outlook Mobile App (Android and iPhone)
You’re not restricted to the desktop browser if you want to send a group email. Via mobile, you can:
- Open the Outlook app.
- Tap the Outlook icon at the top left corner.
- Tap ‘Groups’.
- Tap ‘New Group’ at the bottom left corner.
- Name your group.
- Add members.
- Tap ‘Create’ at the top right corner.
This ensures you don’t need to add individual email addresses each time you wish to send an email to a particular group. This also cleans up the address line, so the email is more streamlined and tidy.