Over time, you may find yourself with multiple email accounts that you no longer need. Deleting these redundant accounts not only declutters your inbox but also enhances your online security. If you have email accounts on Gmail, Outlook, or Apple Mail and wish to remove them, this article will guide you through the step-by-step process of deleting your email accounts from each platform.
How to Delete Your Gmail Account
- Go to Gmail.com and sign in.
- In a separate tab, go to “https://myaccount.google.com/delete-services-or-account”.
- Go to “Delete your Account”.
- Enter your password.
- Read through what will be deleted and confirm that you understand by checking the two boxes at the bottom.
- Click “Delete Account”.
How to Delete Your Outlook Account
- Go to Outlook.com and sign in.
- Click on your profile picture or initials at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click “My Microsoft Account”.
- Choose your account.
- Select “Your Info” at the top menu bar.
- Scroll down until you find the “Close Account” option under “Account Info”.
- You’ll be sent to a Microsoft help page.
- Scroll down and click “Continue”.
- On the new page, scroll down and select “Continue with closing your account?”.
- Scroll down until you find the “Close your account” option.
- Enter the code that has been sent to your email and enter the code in the designated field.
- Click “Verify”.
- Click “Next”.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions by checking the boxes.
- Select a reason as to why you want to delete your account.
- Click “Mark account for closure”.
- Click “Done”.
How to Delete Your Apple Mail Account
- Open the Apple Mail app on your Mac device.
- Click “Mail” in the top menu bar.
- Select “Preferences…”
- Choose “Accounts” to see your list of email accounts.
- Click on the email account you want to delete from the list.
- Click the minus button at the bottom to remove the account.
- Confirm your action, and the account will be removed from Apple Mail.