Even though most of the work we do is online, there are times when having a physical document comes in handy. If you need a physical version of your email and you have a Gmail account, you can print an email in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it on a desktop and mobile:
Printing an Email from Gmail (PC and Mac)
You will have more options to choose from and the interface will be easier to navigate through a desktop computer, be it PC or Mac. Here are the steps:
- Go to Gmail and sign in.
- Click the email you want to print.
- Click on the printer icon at the top right of the email.
- On the pop-up window, select which printer will print out the email, how many pages you want to print out, and more.
- Make sure your printer is on and functional.
- Click “Print” at the bottom right of the pop-up window.
Printing an Email from the Gmail App (Android and iPhone)
It’s a bit more complicated to print from a mobile device, but these steps will guide you to the right areas of the app:
- Go to the Gmail app and sign in.
- Select the email you want to print.
- Tap the three dots at the right corner of the email.
- Tap ‘Print’. If you’re using an iPhone, it will ask you if you want to AirPrint. Select that option if you have an AirPrint-compatible printer. If not, select cancel.
- Select the printer you want to use to print and then tap the print button.
Just be sure to double check how much of the email you would like to print out. Depending on the interface, it may allow you to choose specific areas or pages, rather than the entire email. If you do not specify, it may print out more than you intended, especially with larger email chains or emails sent from businesses, which might have terms of service or other content further down the email.