An email marketing specialist can spend days, weeks, or months coming up with a spectacular email newsletter, but they still don’t have control over whether or not a subscriber engages with that newsletter.
While you may not have control over the subscriber’s actions, you can still make an effort to create the kind of newsletter a subscriber won’t ignore. This can be done by using a structure that appeals to your average subscriber.
This begins with the introduction. In a newsletter, your introduction should be one of the first things you consider, as it impacts the rest of the message and your subscribers’ impression on you.
In practice, the introduction is the initial text that describes what the newsletter is about. It should be short, to the point, and informative, since it will introduce the content you hope to inspire interest in.
Newsletter Introduction Tips
Here are some tips for creating an amazing newsletter introduction:
Personalize the greeting
Address your subscribers by their name to make the introduction more personal and engaging.
Be clear about the purpose
Explain why you’re sending the newsletter and what subscribers can expect to receive.
Create a sense of excitement
Use language that entices your subscribers to read further and engage with your content.
If your newsletter is part of a larger communications plan, provide context, so that subscribers understand its importance.
Keep it brief
Keep your introduction short and to the point, so that subscribers don’t get bored or overwhelmed.
Newsletter Intro Examples
Here are some examples of email newsletter introductions:
- “Welcome to the latest edition of our monthly newsletter! We’re excited to share with you some exciting updates and news from our company.”
- “Hello [Name], we’re back with another edition of our weekly newsletter, packed with all the latest industry insights and trends.”
- “It’s time for another edition of our weekly newsletter, where we bring you the latest insider secrets about how to save by shopping with us.”
- “We hope you’re having a great start to the week! In this edition of our newsletter, we’re excited to share some new product launches and updates.”
- “Greetings [Name], welcome to the latest edition of our quarterly newsletter. We’re excited to share some of our most recent achievements and updates with you.”
- “Happy [Day of the Week], [Name]! We’re excited to share our latest newsletter with you, packed with information about our upcoming sales event.”